As a convenience to the members and friends of Apostles Church and School, we now offer online giving for both recurring (weekly, monthly) and one-time donations. To accomplish this, we are using Vanco, a financial services company who already provides these same services to thousands of other churches.
You may now give electronically from a designated checking or savings account, or by using a credit or debit card. While any means of giving is much appreciated, we would like to encourage you to choose the checking or savings account option, as the convenience fees for debit / credit cards are significantly higher.
To begin using "Online Giving", please see the links below:
- Written Instructions (opens in new window)
- Set up or change your donation (takes you to Vanco's eservicepayments.com)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it safe?
Vanco is a PCI level 1 compliant financial service provider. Read more by clicking Vanco services info
Why use Online Giving?
- Online Giving is an easy, secure way to make your regular contributions to our church & school through automated giving
- No need to write checks or bring cash to church or school
- For peace-of-mind in knowing that the church or school is receiving your contribution even if you are unable to attend
- Reduced labor for volunteers who count offerings and office staff who record and deposit the donations
- It is more secure than checks or cash
- All contributions are recorded for you on your bank or credit card statement with date of settlement
- Many churches that have embraced online giving have observed a 20% - 30% increase in annual donations
What are "convenience fees", and who pays them?
- Convenience fees are what online giving providers like Vanco and PayPal charge their customers (Apostles) for the services they provide.
- The amount of the convenience fees vary according to whether the donation is provided via a checking or savings account bank transfer, or using a credit or debit card.
- Checking and savings account bank transfers incur a very reasonable and flat $0.20 per transaction with Vanco, regardless of the donation amount. Use of credit and debit cards not only incur a higher per transaction fee, there is also a fee tied to a percentage of the transaction (donation amount).
- For a detailed explanation, please see Why use Vanco instead of PayPal?.
- A confirmation page appears after a donation or payment is submitted. You can print the confirmation page for proof of your donation or payment.
- Also, a confirmation email will be sent if you provide a valid email address when completing the e-giving form.
- Instructions are provided in the "written instructions" link (above) on how to make changes or stop a recurring donation
- Help is also available by emailing or phoning our Online Giving Coordinator, Debbie Hochmuth, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-225-0107 x217
Do I get a receipt?
What if I want to make changes to my gift or need stop a periodic gift?
How do I get credit for my charitable contribution to Apostles?
Please be sure to enter your envelope number in the appropriate box in the top section of the donation page. This will ensure that your donation is properly credited to you.
PayPal was introduced last year as an online giving option. Is PayPal is still an available option?
Short answer: Yes.
However, as mentioned above, there are several reasons we recommend Vanco for your online giving. For a detailed explanation of this, please see Why use Vanco instead of PayPal?.